GLOBAL TRADE ADVISORY
Asanco’s customs and global trade specialists can help businesses establish an international business strategy designed to manage costs and global trade regulatory requirements while leveraging innovative technology solutions.
Customs and global trade is a multi-faceted area that requires a high degree of pragmatic support. We advise businesses on both fiscal and non-fiscal regulations duties and taxes, as well as penalties and consequences related to non-compliance (e.g., REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals), Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism, Authorized Economic Operator and others).
Our professionals help companies with a variety of customs and global trade needs, including post-merger integration support, by tracking duty risks and potential tax deductions, and by helping to identify consistent support for what is an arm’s length or fair value for both customs and transfer pricing purposes. Asanco’s team include customs brokers, industry specialists, accountants, lawyers, supply chain specialists, auditors, economists and former government officials who have in depth knowledge of customs-related policies, national regulations, and practices.
High value Customs & Global Trade expertise / Customs & Global Trade consulting
We assist our clients and advise them on:
- Valuation of goods for customs purposes, origin of goods and tarif descriptions
- Customs regimes and procedures, analysing economic impacts: customs warehousing, inward and outward processing, temporary importation
- Foreign trade rules
- Anti-dumping and anti-trust duties
- Issues in respect of counterfeit goods
- Excise duties
- Intrastat returns
- WTO agreements and EC customs rules
- Customs flows and import duties management
- Review of applicable customs rates
- In case of business transformation, we advise you to realign tax structures as regards Customs and Global Trade matters and to configure your IT systems (BMO).
Merger and acquisition (M & A) due diligence
We conduct global customs compliance pre- and post-merger/acquisition due diligence. We provide support with post-merger/acquisition disclosures and remediation activities and post-merger/acquisition integration.
Customs & Global Trade training
We design and implement training programs.
We develop and provide multi-jurisdictional customs regulations training including elearning courses.
Customs relations support
We support our clients with engaging and liaising with government authorities, both export control and customs.